Some groups seek a change in format and enjoy all or parts of the following texts (pages open in different window):
Other groups choose their own topics of discussion, without being tied to one particular text. We call them "Topics Circles," inspired by Cecile Andrews' The Circle of Simplicity. Possible themes for topics circles could be, for example:
- Making time for what's important
- Identifying local resources
- Greening one's home
- Socially responsible investing
- Becoming more self-sufficient
- any other aspect of the Simple Living Wheel (PDF, 95 KB).
Finally, some groups would rather watch videos together and discuss their content. Groups choose 4-6 videos and schedule their viewings and discussion, in a loose "Video Circle."